Thai Massage Workshop Level 1A
Learn the ancient art of Thai Massage to help you, your clients, family and friends improve their general health and well-being. This will prove to be a fun and practical workshop open to all levels of interested learners. Practiced for over 2500 years, you can now learn the basic techniques of Thai massage by using acupressure, trigger point therapy, reflexology, compressions and gentle yoga-like stretching along the body’s energy lines. Slow, flowing and rhythmic, you can discover how Thai massage is both relaxing and therapeutic, making it feel like the very life of the body and soul is being positively stirred and invigorated.
- Learn over 80 techniques
- To perform 90-120 minute Thai massage
- Tremendous therapeutic benefits
Who is This Workshop For?This workshop is intended for anyone who is interested in learning the basics of Thai Massage. It is also suitable for massage therapists, physiotherapists, yoga instructors and enthusiasts, fitness instructors, and personal trainers who would like to gain more knowledge and understanding and to add a new modality to their current practice. It is also suitable for individuals and couples of all ages who would like to offer massages to their family and friends.
Why Take the Workshop?For Health Practitioners (Massage Therapists, Fitness Instructors, Yogis, etc):
- To add a new regime to your practice to help your clients
- Attract more clients who are interested in Thai massage
- To learn new knowledge and understanding
- To start a full or part time job or a new business
- To earn money and have fun!
- To learn new knowledge that you can apply and save money
- To give the gift of good health by giving massages to friends and family
- To practice self-care and have better health
- To add spark to a relationship
- To impress your current or future partner!
- To have fun, make new friends, develop a new hobby
Benefits of Thai Massage
- Enhances mobility and flexibility
- Relieves tired and aching muscles
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Strengthens the immune system
- Increases vitality and energy level
Thai Massage Also Helps to Alleviate
- Tension headaches
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Back pain
- Joint pain
- Digestive disorders
- Menstruation problems
- And other discomforts
Workshop DescriptionThe workshop will be a combination of theory and active participation, and will prepare students to perform a full 90 - 120 minute Thai Massage. More specifically, participants will learn about:
- The history of Thai massage
- What is Thai Massage
- A Typical Session in Thai Massage
- Benefit of Thai Massage, Basic Anatomy and Physiology Processes Related to Thai Massage
- Skeleton, Bones, Joints, Muscles
- Stretching and Flexibility as it Relates to Thai Massage
- Sen (Energy) Lines (like Chinese Meridian Lines)
- Meditative Approach to Thai Massage & Breath-Work
- Contraindications to Thai massage
- Giver (Masseur / Masseuse) body posture (working stances) and body part (use of thumbs, palms, elbows, knees, and feet) and body weight usage
- Step-by-step procedure for massage positions, transitions, and 80+ techniques to use
- Guidelines for beginning and closing massage with receiver
- Tips for the Learning of Thai Massage
- Self-Care Tips for Thai Massage Giver
- Communication Between Giver and Receiver and Consultation Forms
- Mantra to Honour the Teachers
Learn 80+ Thai Massage TechniquesStudents will gain a strong foundation for Thai Yoga Massage and learn 80+ techniques in sitting, supine, and prone positions during the three day training. (Thai Massage Level 1B covers additional positions such as side-lying, prone plus much more. For more details, please click here.)
Step-by -Step InstructionThe teacher will give clear detailed step-by-step instructions on how to find the energy lines and techniques to use to massage the head, neck, shoulder, face, arms, back, hips, and legs, with passive Thai yoga assisted-like stretching as well. Students will also be able to follow a detailed step-by-step picture manual.
Energy LinesThe use of acupressure, trigger point therapy, reflexology, and compressions will be applied on the "Sen" (Energy) Lines in initiating "energy" movement in the body. The Sen lines are much the same concept as meridian lines in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Attention to Proper Body MechanicsFocus will also be given to proper body mechanics, to apply and leverage on techniques of body part usage and body weight, flowing naturally from one sequence to the next, choosing the correct massage techniques for the client, using uniform pressure and speed, developing awareness of energy, and working in a caring, compassionate and focused state to allow students to effectively and efficiently practice Thai massage.
Supervised Hands-on PracticeThe teacher will demonstrate and the students will have hands-on practice with each other, taking turns at being both the Giver and the Receiver. The teacher will also provide instructions, supervision, and feedback during practice times.
Building a Solid FoundationThis is an important module in a series of workshops designed to provide a basic knowledge of Thai massage in all four positions. If you have already studied Thai massage, you will learn new techniques, and refine and deepen your existing knowledge. If you are a beginner student of Thai massage, this is a key workshop to provide you with a solid foundation for learning and understanding. Please note: This workshop is the same as the one you would take in Thailand at the renowned TMC Thai Massage School of Chiangmai (aka TMC). The massage curriculum and methodology is exactly the same. Vivian Pan is an affiliate teacher of TMC and is authorized by TMC to teach its program. Students who take Level 1A and Level 1B with Bodhi Thai Massage and who successfully completes the workshops are given a certificate with which they may use to move on to Level 2 with TMC in Thailand.
Upon Completion of the WorkshopParticipants will have received a detailed illustrated manual and will have the tools to give a basic 90 - 120 minute Thai massage. A certificate of attendance from Bodhi Thai Massage will be given. For the more serious learners, upon completion of both Level 1A and Level 1B, participants can receive the Foundation of Thai Massage Level 1 Certificate from the TMC Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, Thailand, which is recognized and approved by the Thailand government, as well as by many of the massage associations in Quebec.
- Time 3 Days
- Length 24 hrs
Credits 21 BCRPA CECsCredits 16 CFES CECs
- Location Vancouver | Montreal
- Prerequisites None
- Language English
Fee $595 Group of 3 -6 peopleFee $900 Group of 2 peopleFee $1800 Private 1-on-1
- Flexible Start Dates for Private Lessons
- Registration Deadline 1 Month before Workshop Start Date
- Payment Deadline 2 Weeks before Workshop Start Date