This treatment is not your typical stretching session. Bodhi’s Assisted Stretching Sessions are comprised of a series of stretches, guided and assisted by the Practitioner, that are difficult to attain through individual exercise and yoga practice.
It is designed to stretch muscles a little more than they normally would if you were trying to do it yourself. This allows the client to focus on breathing, positioning, and feeling the depth of the stretch to make it more effective.
The controlled stretches and manipulations in Assisted Stretching are effective in restoring flexibility, elasticity, and full range of motion, as well as maintaining the healthy functioning of muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints. It also helps to prevent potential health complications that may result from rigidity and tightness of joints as we get older.
The deep stretches will open up energy channels and create space and balance within the body. A session will leave you feeling lighter, more flexible, and with a greater ability for mobility. Assisted Stretching benefits people of all ages and is recommended for everyone, from athletes to people who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
Ideal at anytime, but especially useful for muscle healing after workouts/races, or just to things going after an extended period of inactivity, the session starts with a brief massage to warm up areas to be stretched. All stretching exercises are completed on comfortable floor mats while fully clothed.
Benefits of Assisted Stretching:
- helps to lengthen muscles, increase flexibility and range of motion
- reduces muscle stiffness, fatigue, inflammation, pain and spasms
- provides a deeper stretch throughout the body to elongate muscles
- stretches areas that are difficult to attain by oneself
- improves blood circulation, oxygen and nutrition delivery to muscles and joints
- helps to enhance recovery from intense training or from inactivity
- helps with better mobility